Roz & Scott - August 13th


Every wedding I photograph has been a wonderful experience, and each has been unique in its own way. But this wedding goes beyond that because Rozzy & Scott are such dear friends of mine, and who have been for the past 7 years. It was more than an honour to have the opportunity to be their photographer. So much so that I decided to forgo common sense and book another round-trip to Canada 3 weeks before I was planning to head back for a family/friend visit and wedding. Coming all that way just to be there definitely added to that feeling of privilege, besides getting to reunite and meet with so many other good people in one place. I felt lucky to be able to spend the day before the wedding at idyllic Poets Cove Resort on Pender Island, B.C. relaxing and soaking up the excitement of preparations. The magical summer weather was in full effect too (it even included an evening meteor shower!). It was such a heartfelt occasion, and there were lots of tears of joy throughout the ceremony and reception which showed the love everyone has for Roz & Scott. Although I was working up a sweat most of the day, I was still able to dance the last few hours away (even with camera in hand at times) and the couple had the energy to shut the dance floor down at 1:30. I could go on about the experience, but I’ll let the images speak. Thanks for having me, Rozzy and Scott!!






















The guys had some good ol’ fashioned fun with the classic jumping shot, fitting since the couple are great volleyballers, and threw in their own version which I might call the 'someone stuck me on a coathanger and left me' look.










Roz's flamenco dancing skills came in handy with all the spinning she was made to endure...


Some of the great dance floor moments from the evening, including Scott's silky moves...

Another one of Roz's many talents...

Jason and I playing with the camera...


If you're looking for Poets Cove Resort wedding photographers, please visit my website.

5 comments:

Cinderita said...

Wow! Mark what beautiful moments you captured through your lens. I smiled,and laughed and even welled up a few times looking at all of those. Thank you for sharing them and for truly capturing all the love too. Fantastic! Rita

Lindsay said...

I'm with Rita, I started crying all over again being able to relive the day through your beautiful photos. You ROCK, Mark! Amazing job by and amazing friend.

Unknown said...

Mark, those photos are stunning. Taking an excellent photo takes talent, but going beyond that to really capture the entire experience of that day is something truly special, and you fully achieved that....the people, the beautiful setting, the love and laughter that was all around us...Looking at your photos allows Roz and I to relive the moments so vividly. I can't thank you enough for that. You are awesome.

Nick said...

Great photos Mark - you really captured the joy of the day!

Roz (the bride!) said...

WOW!! What can I say Mark - you are AMAZING. Every single photo is beautiful, but more importantly each one is so "us". You captured so many special moments throughout the day, and we now have these moments with us for a lifetime. This is an incredible gift my friend. We are so happy and honoured that you came all the way here for our big day. We love you.